Chicken and Shrimp Saté
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 pound unpeeled jumbo shrimp
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves, cut into 3/4-inch strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Peanut Dipping Sauce
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails on; devein, if desired. Place in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. Place chicken strips in a separate heavy-duty zip-top Stir together garlic and next 5 ingredients; pour half of marinade over shrimp and half over chicken. Seal bags, and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Soak 6-inch wooden skewers in warm water 30 minutes. Remove shrimp from marinade, discarding marinade. Thread shrimp onto skewers. Repeat with chicken.
- Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 5 minutes on each side. Add shrimp; cook 2 minutes on each side or until shrimp and chicken are done. Serve with Peanut Dipping Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken and Shrimp Saté Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Appetizers