www.gourmandia.com - Gourmandia is a culinary website offering videos of world-class Michelin rated chefs exhibiting their techniques. Also features documentaries on fine dining restaurant locations and cities, recipes, forum, and more. At www.gourmetrecipe.com - Gourmet Recipe is the place to find the tastiest, healthiest gourmet recipes. Watch videos of great chefs preparing meals, find easy beginner dishes, and more.
Chicken, Shrimp, and Ham Jambalaya
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Rose Nguyen
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
More From Southern Living
- 2 pounds unpeeled, medium-size raw shrimp
- 1 1/2 pounds skinned and boned chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound cooked ham, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 medium-size yellow onions, chopped (2 cups)
- 2 celery ribs, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 3 green onions, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1. Peel shrimp; devein, if desired.
- 2. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt, black pepper, and red pepper.
- 3. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add chicken, and cook, stirring constantly, 8 to 10 minutes or until browned on all sides. Remove chicken using a slotted spoon.
- 4. Add ham to Dutch oven, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove ham using a slotted spoon.
- 5. Add garlic and next 3 ingredients to Dutch oven; stir to loosen particles from bottom. Stir in ham and chicken. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes.
- 6. Add chicken broth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 35 minutes. Add tomatoes and next 3 ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 20 minutes. Stir in shrimp and hot sauce; cook, covered, 10 more minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes