- 1 1/2 qts. reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 pound shelled, deveined shrimp, chopped
- 1/2 pound ground chicken
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, tops and bottoms divided
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 square egg roll wrappers (6 in. wide)
- 4 fresh shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- calories 323
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- protein 33 g
- fat 11 g
- satfat 2.7 g
- carbohydrate 22 g
- fiber 1.4 g
- sodium 1143 mg
- cholesterol 175 mg
How to Make It
Combine broth and soy sauce in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to barely a simmer.
Mix shrimp, chicken, onion bottoms, garlic, 1 tsp. sesame oil, the ginger, Sriracha, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Arrange egg roll wrappers on a work surface. Shape chicken-shrimp filling into 4 balls and put 1 ball on the center of each wrapper. Moisten wrapper edges with water and pull up all 4 corners of each wrapper to meet in the center. Working from center down, pinch edges together to seal tightly, forming 4-sided pyramids.
Lower dumplings gently into broth, cover, and simmer until cooked through, about 8 minutes. In last 2 minutes of cooking, add shiitakes. Spoon each dumpling into a bowl and ladle broth on top. Sprinkle with onion tops and remaining 1 tsp. sesame oil.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.