I absolutely love this recipe. So does my whole family. So flavourful and it makes it easy to really load up on salad and tomatoes as we always serve extra on the side. Delicious!
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Jan Gautro
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 384
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Protein: 34.4g
- Carbohydrate: 40g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- Iron: 4.3mg
- Sodium: 821mg
- Calcium: 106mg
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 16 (3-inch) strips
- 1/2 cup plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt (such as Fage)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Remaining ingredients:
- Cooking spray
- 4 (6-inch) pitas
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) tomato slices
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. To prepare chicken, combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add chicken to bowl; toss well to coat. Let stand at room temperature 20 minutes.
- 3. To prepare sauce, combine yogurt and next 4 ingredients (through 1 garlic clove), stirring with a whisk.
- 4. Thread 2 chicken strips onto each of 8 (12-inch) skewers. Place kebabs on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until done.
- 5. Place pitas on grill rack; grill 1 minute on each side or until lightly toasted. Place 1 pita on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1/4 cup lettuce and 2 tomato slices. Top each serving with 4 chicken pieces; drizzle each serving with 2 tablespoons sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes
Food & Wine