- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 16 (3-inch) strips
- 1/2 cup plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt (such as Fage)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Remaining ingredients:
- Cooking spray
- 4 (6-inch) pitas
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) tomato slices
- calories 384
- caloriesfromfat 23 %
- fat 9.8 g
- satfat 2.1 g
- monofat 4.1 g
- polyfat 2.7 g
- protein 34.4 g
- carbohydrate 40 g
- fiber 2.5 g
- cholesterol 64 mg
- iron 4.3 mg
- sodium 821 mg
- calcium 106 mg
How to Make It
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
To prepare chicken, combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add chicken to bowl; toss well to coat. Let stand at room temperature 20 minutes.
To prepare sauce, combine yogurt and next 4 ingredients (through 1 garlic clove), stirring with a whisk.
Thread 2 chicken strips onto each of 8 (12-inch) skewers. Place kebabs on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until done.
Place pitas on grill rack; grill 1 minute on each side or until lightly toasted. Place 1 pita on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1/4 cup lettuce and 2 tomato slices. Top each serving with 4 chicken pieces; drizzle each serving with 2 tablespoons sauce.