This chicken was super easy, super fast, and very delicious. My husband and I are big fans! Served it with the pan-roasted asparagus and tomatoes as suggested in the Cooking Light recipe book. http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/roasted-asparagus-tomatoes-50400000104944/
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 265
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 37.4g
- Carbohydrate: 10.5g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 94mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 380mg
- Calcium: 38mg
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 large egg white
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1. Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet.
- 2. Combine egg white and water in a shallow dish, stirring with a whisk. Place breadcrumbs in another shallow dish. Dip each chicken breast half in egg mixture; dredge in breadcrumbs.
- 3. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of chicken to pan. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate; cover and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and chicken.
- 4. Add broth and lemon juice to pan, stirring to loosen browned bits. Cook, uncovered, over high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until reduced to 1/3 cup. Drizzle sauce over chicken.
- Serve with: Pan-Roasted Asparagus and Tomatoes
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note