Chicken Scaloppine With Porcini Rosemary Sauce
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 chicken breast halves, boneless, skinless
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) porcini mushroom powder*
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) fresh rosemary, chopped
- 6 tablespoon(s) pine nuts, toasted
- 3/4 cup(s) white wine
- 3/4 cup(s) chicken broth
- Remove the chicken tenderloin, the thin, tapering piece of meat on the lower
- edge of the breast, from each breast half and freeze for another use. Pound
- each breast between wax paper to a thickness of ¼-inch.
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper on a plate. Press the chicken breasts into
- the mixture, coating them evenly all over and shaking off any excess. When
- the plate is completely covered with one layer of chicken breasts, cover them
- with a sheet of wax paper to hold the next layer.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat the oil over moderately-high heat for 1 minute. Add
- breasts and cook about 3 minutes on each side; do not overcook. Transfer the
- breasts to a heated platter.
- Return the pan to high heat and stir in the porcini powder, rosemary, and pine nuts. The will start to smoke quickly. Immediately pour in the wine and boil until reduced by half, about 2-3 minutes. Add the chicken broth, bring to a boil and boil until thickened. Return the reserved chicken to the pan and reheat it in the sauce for 1 minute. Transfer the chicken and sauce to a serving platter.
- *Note: Grind 1/4- to 1/2-ounce dried porcini mushrooms in a small processor or coffee mill to a powder consistency.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by robinarroyave and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note