My family LOVED this recipe! I made a few changes to the original recipe though. I added seasoning salt and garlic powder to the flour for the chicken. Then I dipped it in an egg white and then into panko. It added a really good crunch! Especially after you pour the wine reduction over the chicken. I heated the wine first for the Alfredo sauce in a saucepan to cook off the alcohol (since my toddler was eating it). Then I cooled it and folded it in to the Alfredo mixture. It took a little extra time, but it was worth it. My husband requested I make this for company it was so good!
Chicken Scaloppine With Linguine Alfredo
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken cutlets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup white wine
- Garnish: fresh parsley sprig
- Linguine Alfredo
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a shallow dish; dredge chicken cutlets in flour mixture.
- Cook chicken in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from skillet, and keep warm.
- Add wine to skillet; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet.
- Arrange cutlets on a serving platter, and drizzle with sauce. Garnish, if desired. Serve with Linguine Alfredo.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This