My family LOVED this recipe! I made a few changes to the original recipe though. I added seasoning salt and garlic powder to the flour for the chicken. Then I dipped it in an egg white and then into panko. It added a really good crunch! Especially after you pour the wine reduction over the chicken. I heated the wine first for the Alfredo sauce in a saucepan to cook off the alcohol (since my toddler was eating it). Then I cooled it and folded it in to the Alfredo mixture. It took a little extra time, but it was worth it. My husband requested I make this for company it was so good!
Chicken Scaloppine With Linguine Alfredo
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken cutlets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup white wine
- Garnish: fresh parsley sprig
- Linguine Alfredo
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a shallow dish; dredge chicken cutlets in flour mixture.
- Cook chicken in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from skillet, and keep warm.
- Add wine to skillet; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet.
- Arrange cutlets on a serving platter, and drizzle with sauce. Garnish, if desired. Serve with Linguine Alfredo.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes