Chicken Scaloppine with Peperonata
Thin chicken cutlets cook in butter for a rich, savory flavor, while bell peppers stew in fruity olive oil.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 22 Minutes
- Calories: 300
- Fat: 14.3g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 26g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 84mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 537mg
- Calcium: 32mg
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 1 cup vertically sliced yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 (8-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add bell peppers; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onion and garlic; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes; cook 1 minute or until tomatoes wilt. Remove from heat; stir in basil, vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 2. While pepper mixture cooks, cut each breast half in half horizontally to form 4 cutlets. Cover cutlets with plastic wrap; pound to 1/3-inch thickness with a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Discard plastic wrap; sprinkle chicken evenly with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Dredge in flour; shake off excess. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden and done. Serve chicken with bell pepper mixture.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note