I was super excited when i came across this recipe then i started making it and started to think this is going to be horrible it smelled gross to me and i just didnt think it would be good. now not only do i like it but my kids do to!! costly but great i used regular onions that i cooked in butter instead of scallions.
Chicken Scallopine with Morels and Spring Vegetables
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Lydia DeGaris-Pursell
Morels have a spongy texture that's perfect for soaking up the sherry-cream sauce. After rehydrating, be sure to rinse the mushrooms well to remove any grit or dirt.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 310
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 10.5g
- Saturated fat: 5.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 33g
- Carbohydrate: 15.4g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 94mg
- Iron: 4.1mg
- Sodium: 504mg
- Calcium: 52mg
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1 ounce dried morels
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Porcini Powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup (1-inch) sliced asparagus
- 1 cup fresh or frozen petite green peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- Bring chicken broth and sherry to a boil in a small saucepan; add morels. Remove from heat; cover and let stand for 30 minutes. Drain mushrooms in a cheesecloth-lined sieve over a bowl, reserving soaking liquid. Rinse mushrooms; drain.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Combine flour and Porcini Powder in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in flour mixture. Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 1 minute on each side or until golden. Remove from pan.
- Add mushroom soaking liquid and asparagus to pan; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup (about 5 minutes). Add chicken, peas, and remaining ingredients to pan; cook 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes