Chicken Sausage With Fennel
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 hoagie rolls, split
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- Purple onion slices
- Plum tomato slices
- Leaf lettuce
- Pulse chicken in a food processor 6 times or until ground. Add onion and next 7 ingredients; process 2 minutes. Shape into 8 patties.
- Cook patties in a lightly greased nonstick skillet 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- Spread cut sides of rolls evenly with mustard. Place onion and tomato on bottom halves; top each with 2 sausage patties and lettuce. Cover with top halves.
- Note: To grill sausage, heat a grill rack coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat (300° to 350°). Grill patties, covered with grill lid, 5 minutes on each side or until done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches