Chicken Sausage With Fennel
Inspired by the chefs at Neiman Marcus, these chicken sausage patties are accented with fennel seeds and nutmeg and served on hoagie rolls along with slices of onion and tomato.
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 hoagie rolls, split
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- Purple onion slices
- Plum tomato slices
- Leaf lettuce
- Pulse chicken in a food processor 6 times or until ground. Add onion and next 7 ingredients; process 2 minutes. Shape into 8 patties.
- Cook patties in a lightly greased nonstick skillet 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- Spread cut sides of rolls evenly with mustard. Place onion and tomato on bottom halves; top each with 2 sausage patties and lettuce. Cover with top halves.
- Note: To grill sausage, heat a grill rack coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat (300° to 350°). Grill patties, covered with grill lid, 5 minutes on each side or until done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note