Loved this recipe and the chicken apple sausage makes it and gives it so much flavor! Combination of all the flavors makes this a real keeper! Will make again!
Chicken Sausage, Sweet Onion, and Fennel Pizza
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Cindy Barr
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 wedges)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 420
- Fat: 18.9g
- Saturated fat: 6.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 5.6g
- Protein: 16g
- Carbohydrate: 48.4g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 715mg
- Calcium: 248mg
- 3 ounces chicken apple sausage, chopped (such as Gerhard's)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups vertically sliced Oso Sweet or other sweet onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced fennel bulb (about 1 small bulb)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12-ounce) prebaked pizza crust (such as Mama Mary's)
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Gouda cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan.
- 3. Add oil to pan. Add onion, fennel, and salt; cover and cook 10 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- 4. Place pizza crust on a baking sheet. Top evenly with onion mixture; sprinkle with cheese, and top evenly with sausage. Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until cheese melts. Sprinkle evenly with chives. Cut pizza into 8 wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note