Chicken, Sausage & Oyster gumbo
Community Recipe from
- 1 3 lb chicken Cut up
- 1/4 cup(s) Flour
- 1/4 cup(s) Vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Yellow onion Chopped
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Celery Chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) Green pepper Chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) Scallion Chopped
- 3 clove(s) Garlic Minced
- 6/25 cup(s) Fresh parsley Chopped
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Dried Thyme
- 3/4 pound(s) Andouille Sliced
- 1 cup(s) Oysters Shucked
- 3 cup(s) White rice Cooked
- Cooke the chicken in 4 cups water until tender, skimming off the fat and foam frequently. Reserve the broth and remove the meat from the bones.
- In a Dutch oven, heat the oil and gradually add the flour , stirring constantly until a dark-brown roux is formed. Add the onion, celery, green pepper, scallions, garlic, parsley, bay leaf and thyme. Cook until tender, stirring often. Slowly add the reserved broth, stirring constantly. Add the chicken meat.
- In a skillet, fry the sausage; drain; add to the gumbo. Cover and simmer 1 hour stirring occasionally. Add salt, black pepper, cayenne, and Worcestershire sauce to taste. Add the oysters with their liquid and heat just until the edges curl.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Billiez and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note