- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 (10-oz.) cans tomatoes with chiles
- 1 (6-oz.) can tomato paste
- 2 (10 3/4-oz.) cans cream of mushroom soup
- Hot cooked rice
How to Make It
Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, pepper, celery and chicken; cook until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a fork.
While chicken is cooking, place sausage in a microwave-safe dish with just enough water to cover. Microwave on high 5 minutes; drain sausage and add to chicken mixture.
Add tomatoes to chicken mixture; cook 10 minutes over low heat. Add tomato paste and soup; stir until well blended. Simmer 3 minutes or until bubbly. Serve over hot cooked rice.