My husband and four year old son kept coming back for more. It was easy to make and had lots of flavor without too much kick. We'll do this one again.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 (14-oz.) cans low-sodium fat-free chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 medium-size yellow onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (14 1/2-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1. Prepare rice according to package directions, substituting 2 cups broth for water.
- 2. Sauté sausage and next 4 ingredients in a lightly greased Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in chicken, next 5 ingredients, and remaining broth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes. Remove and discard bay leaves, and serve over hot cooked rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes