- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 (14-oz.) cans low-sodium fat-free chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 medium-size yellow onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (14 1/2-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 bay leaves
How to Make It
Prepare rice according to package directions, substituting 2 cups broth for water.
Sauté sausage and next 4 ingredients in a lightly greased Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in chicken, next 5 ingredients, and remaining broth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes. Remove and discard bay leaves, and serve over hot cooked rice.