Chicken Sausage and White Bean Stew
On a cold evening, come home to a simmering slow cooker filled with comforting Chicken Sausage and White Bean Stew.
More From Southern Living
Total: 8 Hours, 11 Minutes
- 1 (12-oz.) package spinach and feta chicken sausage, sliced
- 3 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2-oz.) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 (15.8-oz.) cans great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (5-oz.) bag fresh spinach
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until browned.
- 2. Place carrot and onion in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle with salt, rosemary, and pepper. Layer tomatoes and beans over carrot mixture. Top with sausage. Cover and cook on Low 8 hours or until vegetables are tender. Stir in spinach; cook 10 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note