Chicken was ok. It was edible but wasn't enjoyable. I attempted the sauce 3 times- it was just AWFUL! Most of this meal ended up going in the trash.
Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
Yield: 4 Servings
Cost per Serving: $2.26
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 520
- Fat: 31g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 53g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Sodium: 2mg
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/2 to 2 lb.)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup minced fresh chives
- The peanut sauce:
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/2 inch thick, then cut each lengthwise into 3 strips. Put in a bowl with ginger and garlic. Cook coconut in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until toasted, about 5 minutes. Let cool.
- In another bowl, whisk together peanut butter and soy sauce. Stir in oil, vinegar and crushed red pepper.
- Prepare grill or preheat broiler. Thread chicken strips onto bamboo skewers, and sprinkle with salt. Grill or broil skewers, turning occasionally with tongs, until firm and lightly charred, about 6 minutes. Transfer to plates and sprinkle with chives and toasted coconut. Serve with peanut sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note