Chicken was ok. It was edible but wasn't enjoyable. I attempted the sauce 3 times- it was just AWFUL! Most of this meal ended up going in the trash.
Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 520
- Fat: 31g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 53g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Sodium: 2mg
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/2 to 2 lb.)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup minced fresh chives
- The peanut sauce:
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/2 inch thick, then cut each lengthwise into 3 strips. Put in a bowl with ginger and garlic. Cook coconut in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until toasted, about 5 minutes. Let cool.
- In another bowl, whisk together peanut butter and soy sauce. Stir in oil, vinegar and crushed red pepper.
- Prepare grill or preheat broiler. Thread chicken strips onto bamboo skewers, and sprinkle with salt. Grill or broil skewers, turning occasionally with tongs, until firm and lightly charred, about 6 minutes. Transfer to plates and sprinkle with chives and toasted coconut. Serve with peanut sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes