So good! Easy and the taste is wonderful. Made it with brown rice. The nutty flavor of the brown rice goes well with the chicken and the peanut sauce! love it!
Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
More From Allyou
Chill: 3 Hours
Total: 3 Hours, 25 Minutes
- Calories: 288
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 31g
- Carbohydrate: 9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Sodium: 800mg
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 16 thin strips
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1. Make chicken: Whisk coconut milk, fish sauce, curry, sugar, cilantro, salt and pepper. Put chicken in a large ziplock bag; pour in marinade. Seal bag; rub marinade into chicken. Chill for 3 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- 2. Make sauce: Combine soy sauce, vinegar, red pepper, sugar, ginger, sesame oil, peanut butter and broth in a pan and bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes. Thin with more chicken broth, if desired. Remove from heat, let cool, cover and chill.
- 3. Preheat grill to medium. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Thread each piece of chicken onto a metal or bamboo skewer. Grill for 5 to 7 minutes, turning once, until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink. Serve with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note