These were just ok. The flavor combination was good but it wasn't outstanding. The sandwiches were very messy. I also thought the ratio of chicken to cheese and apple was off. I tried with less chicken and more apple and cheese a second time and thought it was better.
Chicken Sandwiches with Melted Cheese
Dress up a plain chicken sandwich by adding tangy blue cheese and tart apple slices.
More From Real Simple
Other: 20 Minutes
- Calcium: 238mg
- Calories: 440
- Calories from fat: 0%
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Cholesterol: 96mg
- Fat: 23g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 3mg
- Protein: 28mg
- Saturated fat: 12g
- Sodium: 790mg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 8 slices white or whole-wheat bread
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken, meat shredded (2 cups)
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spread the butter on one side of each slice of bread, then lay 4 of them on a greased baking sheet, butter-side down.
Divide the chicken among the 4 slices and top with some of the cheese and apple slices. Place the remaining bread slices on top, butter-side up. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn and bake until crispy and golden, about 10 minutes more. Cut in half and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note