Chicken Sandwiches with Goat Cheese and Pesto
A delicious sandwich with bold flavors and rustic bread. Perfect with a green or pasta salad on the side.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1/4 cup(s) lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil, extra virgin
- salt and pepper freshly ground to taste
- 4 tablespoon(s) Goat cheese, chevre
- 1/4 cup(s) pesto; jarred is fine
- sliced Red Onion rounds
- sliced Beefsteak tomato rounds
- fresh spinach leaves
- 4 Rolls, buns or rustic bread slices
- Pound chicken breasts between two pieces of waxed paper to about 1/2 inch thick. In a bowl, mix lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Put chicken in a single layer in a large ziplock and fully cover with marinade. Let sit on the counter for about 20 minutes (no longer than 30ish).
- While chicken marinates, slice onion, and tomato, get spinach, cheese and pesto ready, get bread either grilled or toasted. Turn on grill and grill chicken for about 4 minutes per side. Smear 1 tablespoon goat cheese on the bread, top with chicken and pile on the remaining goods and enjoy!
- Serve with a fresh green salad on the side.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LoAnt529 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken Sandwiches with Goat Cheese and Pesto Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sandwiches