Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and about 1 tablespoon sauce)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 316
- Fat: 10.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Protein: 45.7g
- Carbohydrate: 7.3g
- Cholesterol: 116mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 467mg
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Calcium: 117mg
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 2/3 cup dry white wine or fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 ounce very thinly sliced prosciutto (2 slices), each cut in half crosswise
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper; dredge in flour.
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add 2 chicken breast halves; cook 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and done. Place chicken on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and chicken. Add wine to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 6 minutes or until wine is reduced to 1/4 cup. Add butter, stirring until butter melts.
- While sauce simmers, sprinkle sage evenly over chicken; top each piece of chicken with half a slice of prosciutto and 2 tablespoons cheese. Broil 2 minutes or until cheese melts and is lightly browned. Place chicken on serving plates; spoon sauce evenly over chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note