More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 208
- Fat: 5.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 36.2g
- Carbohydrate: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 98mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 298mg
- Calcium: 25mg
- 8 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast cutlets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 very thin slices prosciutto (about 2 ounces)
- 16 large fresh sage leaves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 1. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Place 1 slice prosciutto and 2 sage leaves on top of each chicken cutlet. Roll up, and secure with a wooden pick.
- 2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken rolls, and cook 6 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Remove chicken from pan. Add wine and chicken broth to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes or until slightly reduced. Reduce heat to medium.
- 3. Return chicken and any juices to pan; stir in chopped sage. Cover and cook over medium heat 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
- 4. Remove wooden picks from chicken; cut each roll into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Spoon sauce over chicken.
- Saltimbocca (sahl-tihm-BOH-kah) means "to leap in the mouth." This dish is so named because the flavors are so lively.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes