Chicken Salad With Potatoes and Arugula
Prep: 20 minutes; Cook: 18 minutes; Stand: 10 minutes.
Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1/4 salad)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 369
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 11g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 30g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 269mg
- Calcium: 143mg
- 1 pound new potatoes
- 2 tablespoons salt, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bunches arugula, thick stems removed (about 6 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 ounces fresh Parmesan cheese, shaved (1/4 cup)
- 1. Place potatoes in a large pot, and cover with cold water; bring to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon salt, reduce heat, and simmer 15–18 minutes or until tender. Drain and run under cold water to cool; peel and slice.
- 2. Fill a medium saucepan halfway with water. Bring to a boil, and add remaining 1 tablespoon salt. Add chicken, and reduce heat to medium; gently simmer 12–14 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a cutting board, and let rest at least 10 minutes before shredding with a fork or your fingers.
- 3. Whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, and pepper in a small bowl.
- 4. Divide arugula, chicken, tarragon, and potatoes evenly into 4 serving bowls. Drizzle each with dressing, and top with Parmesan.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads