Chicken Salad with Potatoes and Arugula
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 531
- Calories from fat: 47%
- Protein: 50g
- Carbohydrate: 17g
- Sugars: 1g
- Fiber: 2g
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Sodium: 1435mg
- Cholesterol: 134mg
- 1 pound new potatoes
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 2 1/2- to 3-pound rotisserie chicken
- 3 bunches arugula, thick stems removed (about 6 cups)
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, shaved (2 ounces)
- Place the potatoes in a large pot, cover with cold water, and bring to a boil. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons salt, reduce heat, and simmer until tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain, run under cold water to cool, and slice.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Using a fork or your fingers, shred the chicken, discarding the skin and bones.
In individual bowls, combine the arugula, chicken, tarragon, and potatoes. Drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle with the Parmesan.
Make Ahead: You can cook the potatoes, shred the chicken, and make the vinaigrette up to 24 hours in advance. Just before serving, slice the potatoes and assemble the salad as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads