Chicken Salad with Pecans and Dried Cherries from Eating Well
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt divided
- 1/3 cup(s) low-fat, plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup(s) low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup(s) toasted pecans chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) dried tart cherries chopped
- 1 head(s) Boston or butterhead lettuce
- 1. Place chicken in a medium saucepan. cover with water & add 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer and cook until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle, approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, pepper & the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl.
- 3. When the chicken is cool enough to handle, cut into bit-size pieces or shred. Add the chicken, celery, pecans and cherries to the bowl with the dressing and toss to combine.
- 4. Divide lettuce leaves among 4 plates and top with about 1 cup of the chicken salad mixture.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken Salad with Pecans and Dried Cherries from Eating Well Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes