Love this recipe! I think it is delicious - you only need a little of the vinaigrette which goes a long way. I follow the recipe exactly and am thrilled to have a delicious way to use the mint in my garden!
Chicken Salad with Nectarines in Mint Vinaigrette
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 241
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 7.4g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 16.7g
- Carbohydrate: 29g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Cholesterol: 39mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 163mg
- Calcium: 71mg
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 3 nectarines, chopped, peeled, and pitted
- 5 red leaf lettuce leaves
- To prepare dressing, place mint and sugar in a food processor; process until finely chopped, scraping sides of bowl. Add vinegar, juice, salt, and pepper, and process 30 seconds to combine.
- To prepare salad, combine chicken, cucumber, pecans, onion, and nectarines in a medium bowl. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss well to coat. Place 1 lettuce leaf on each of 5 plates; top each serving with 3/4 cup salad.
- Note: In a pinch, substitute fresh melon for the nectarines. Look for chopped peeled melon in the produce section at the grocery.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note