- 1 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 3 nectarines, chopped, peeled, and pitted
- 5 red leaf lettuce leaves
- calories 241
- caloriesfromfat 28 %
- fat 7.4 g
- satfat 1 g
- monofat 3.6 g
- polyfat 2.1 g
- protein 16.7 g
- carbohydrate 29 g
- fiber 3.6 g
- cholesterol 39 mg
- iron 3.4 mg
- sodium 163 mg
- calcium 71 mg
How to Make It
To prepare dressing, place mint and sugar in a food processor; process until finely chopped, scraping sides of bowl. Add vinegar, juice, salt, and pepper, and process 30 seconds to combine.
To prepare salad, combine chicken, cucumber, pecans, onion, and nectarines in a medium bowl. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss well to coat. Place 1 lettuce leaf on each of 5 plates; top each serving with 3/4 cup salad.
Note: In a pinch, substitute fresh melon for the nectarines. Look for chopped peeled melon in the produce section at the grocery.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.