Chicken Salad with Lemon
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 cup(s) chicken breasts chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) spinach or arugula
- 2 tablespoon(s) celery finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 10 whole(s) roma tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon(s) almonds toasted
- 1. For salad, combine smoked chicken or turkey, celery, and green onion in a small mixing bowl. Stir in mayonnaise or salad dressing, lemon peel, lemon juice, and pepper. Cover and chill up to 4 hours. Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out and discard the tomato pulp, leaving 1/4-inch-thick shells. Place tomato shells, cut sides down, on paper towels to drain. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- 2. Just before serving, stir watercress, arugula, or spinach and almonds into the chicken mixture. Spoon some salad into each tomato shell. Arrange on a platter. Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator up to 1 hour. Makes 20 to 24.
- Website: http://shine.yahoo.com/food/recipes/lemony-chicken-salad-in-tomato-shells-534029.html;_ylt=A2KLOzK4txNQrBkAPjuLmolQ
This recipe is a personal recipe added by hlindensmith and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken Salad with Lemon Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers