Surprisingly tasty, fast, light, and a great dish for a weeknight!
Chicken Salad with Green Beans and Toasted Walnuts
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Fonda Shaia
Serve this herbed main-dish salad with pita bread to reduce the overall calories from fat to less than 30%.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 146
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Fat: 5.9g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 16.1g
- Carbohydrate: 8.6g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 446mg
- Calcium: 59mg
- 4 cups (1-inch) cut green beans (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups chopped ready-to-eat roasted skinned, boned chicken breasts (about 2 breasts)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Steam beans, covered, 6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Combine beans, chicken, parsley, nuts, and mint in a large bowl. Combine vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk. Pour over bean mixture; stir well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note