This is the best and easiest chicken salad I have ever made. I made if for the first time this week and we like it so well that I made a second time today. My husband loved it, but I wasn't sure since it had grapes and pecans! Its not the usual way I make chicken salad, but will definitely be my choice from now on...I plan on making it for my daughter's wedding reception to serve on crossiants. I chopped my chicken and pecans in my food processor which made the preparation very easy and quick!
Chicken Salad With Grapes and Pecans
Serve this fruity, nutty chicken salad with assorted crackers and grapes for a filling lunch or a delicious brunch. The recipe was inspired by a favorite dish served at the former Sweetbriar restaurant in Gadsden, Alabama.
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 cup light or regular mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup light or regular sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds skinned and boned chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 3 cups red and white seedless grapes, halved
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Lettuce leaves (optional)
- 1. Stir together 1/2 cup mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Add chopped chicken and grapes, tossing gently to coat. Cover and chill at least 1 hour. Stir in pecans just before serving. Serve in stemware lined with lettuce leaves, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note