Chicken Salad with Cumin and Parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups shredded lettuce, such as leaf lettuce or romaine
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk together the onion, mayonnaise, yogurt, cumin, salt, and pepper. Stir in the chicken and parsley and toss to combine.
- 2. Put the lettuce on plates. Top with the chicken salad.
- More Chicken Salads
- Yogurt Dill Chicken Salad: In a large bowl, combine 3 cups diced cooked chicken with 1 small minced onion, 2/3 cup plain yogurt, 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, 3 tablespoons chopped dill, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
- Lemony Fruit-and-Nut Chicken Salad: In a large bowl, combine 3 cups diced cooked chicken with 1 peeled, cored, and diced apple. Add 2 tablespoons raisins, 1/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts, 1 cup halved red seedless grapes, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup plain yogurt, 4 teaspoons lemon juice, and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and black pepper.
- Really Terrific Good-Ol' American Chicken Salad: In a large bowl, combine 3 cups diced cooked chicken with 1 small minced onion, 2 ribs chopped celery, 3/4 cup mayonnaise, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper.
- Wine Recommendation: A sauvignon blanc from California, riper and with more melon and fig flavors than those from France, is what you want for a tasty match. A touch of oakiness helps, too. Wines labeled Fumé Blanc are more likely to be made in this style than those simply called sauvignon blanc.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This