Chicken Salad with Asparagus
Instead of adding fruit to the chicken salad, we stirred in asparagus pieces, radishes, tomatoes, and green onions to reduce the carbs.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 161
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 3.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 20.1g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 48mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 685mg
- Calcium: 43mg
- 1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2 cups (2-inch) sliced asparagus (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Boston lettuce leaves
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- 2. Boil asparagus in water and 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water; drain.
- 3. Combine asparagus, chicken, radishes, onions, and mayonnaise mixture in a large bowl. Sprinkle with cilantro, and toss gently. Cover and chill.
- 4. Serve over lettuce leaves, and top each serving with 6 tomato halves.
- carbo rating: 10
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes