Chicken Salad with Apples, Grapes, and Spicy Pecans
This sweet, crunchy salad tastes great on its own. It also makes a good sandwich on toasted multigrain bread or in a whole-wheat pita with watercress.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fruit chutney*
- 5 chicken breast halves, cooked and cut into bite-size pieces (about 6 cups)
- 2 celery ribs, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, cut in half
- 1 tart apple, such as Granny Smith or Pippin, peeled and chopped (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Spicy Pecans
- Stir together first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add chicken pieces and next 6 ingredients, and gently toss. Sprinkle with Spicy Pecans, and serve immediately, or cover and chill up to 3 days.
- *For testing purposes, we used Crosse & Blackwell's Genuine Major Grey's Chutney.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note