Chicken Salad with Wild Rice
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Stylist: Buffy Hargett
A brightly flavored vinaigrette puts a fresh spin on traditional mayo-based chicken salads. From Meet Me at the Garden Gate by the Junior League of Spartanburg.
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted, blanched almonds
- Tarragon Vinaigrette
- 1 cup loosely packed watercress leaves
- Rinse rice in a fine wire-mesh strainer. Bring 1 1/2 cups salted water to a boil over medium-high heat in a small saucepan. Stir in rice, and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, 40 to 50 minutes or until tender. Drain rice, and rinse under cold water; drain. Stir together chicken, next 3 ingredients, and rice in a large bowl until combined. Drizzle desired amount of Tarragon Vinaigrette over salad; toss to coat. Chill 1 hour. Toss with watercress and desired amount of remaining vinaigrette before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This