Chicken Salad in Radicchio Cups
Combine shredded rotisserie chicken with shredded carrot and sliced scallions, then mix with a light Dijon mustard vinaigrette for a tangy, colorful salad. Serving it in radicchio leaves makes a beautiful presentation.
More From Real Simple
- Calories: 412
- Calories from fat: 46%
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 129mg
- Sodium: 421mg
- Carbohydrate: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 45g
- 1 3 1/2- to 4-pound rotisserie chicken
- 4 medium carrots, shredded
- 6 scallions (white and light green parts), thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, roughly chopped
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 heads radicchio, leaves separated
- Using a fork or your fingers, shred the chicken meat, discarding the skin and bones. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, carrots, scallions, tarragon, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Slowly add the oil in a steady stream, whisking constantly until emulsified. Divide the radicchio leaves among individual plates, spoon the chicken salad over the top, and drizzle with the vinaigrette.
Substitution: If you find radicchio too peppery, spoon the salad into Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves. Or serve it in endive leaves, as fork-free hors d'oeuvres.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This