- 1 3 1/2- to 4-pound rotisserie chicken
- 4 medium carrots, shredded
- 6 scallions (white and light green parts), thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, roughly chopped
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 heads radicchio, leaves separated
- calories 412
- caloriesfromfat 46 %
- satfat 4 g
- cholesterol 129 mg
- sodium 421 mg
- carbohydrate 9 g
- fiber 2 g
- sugars 3 g
- protein 45 g
How to Make It
Using a fork or your fingers, shred the chicken meat, discarding the skin and bones. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, carrots, scallions, tarragon, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Slowly add the oil in a steady stream, whisking constantly until emulsified. Divide the radicchio leaves among individual plates, spoon the chicken salad over the top, and drizzle with the vinaigrette.
Substitution: If you find radicchio too peppery, spoon the salad into Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves. Or serve it in endive leaves, as fork-free hors d'oeuvres.