So tasty and so easy to make. Using a really good pepper jelly makes an enormous difference. We subbed red bell pepper for the celery and spring mix for the watercress. Leftovers were great!
Chicken Salad Pitas
Pepper jelly adds a sweet-hot note to Chicken Salad Pitas. And you'll love the extra zing from lemon zest and ground red pepper that's been added to these sandwiches.
More From Southern Living
Total: 4 Hours, 30 Minutes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup red pepper jelly
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 24 mini pita pockets, halved
- 1 bunch fresh watercress
- Whisk together first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in chicken and next 2 ingredients until blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill 4 hours. Fill pitas with watercress and chicken salad. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note