Made this for a Christmas open house party and it was wonderful -- fast, easy and made plenty for a fairly good crowd. Delish!
Chicken Salad Pitas
Pepper jelly adds a sweet-hot note to Chicken Salad Pitas. And you'll love the extra zing from lemon zest and ground red pepper that's been added to these sandwiches.
More From Southern Living
Total: 4 Hours, 30 Minutes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup red pepper jelly
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 24 mini pita pockets, halved
- 1 bunch fresh watercress
- Whisk together first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in chicken and next 2 ingredients until blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill 4 hours. Fill pitas with watercress and chicken salad. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note