Superb recipe. We couldn't believe how light and yet filling it was. I used brown rice instead of quinoa/rice. I used cut up mozzarella sticks instead of fresh mozzarella and we doubled the salad dressing. A definite keeper.
Chicken Salad with Orange-Pistachio Vinaigrette
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Cindy Barr
If you can't find precooked quinoa and brown rice together, substitute a package of precooked brown rice.
Yield: Serves 4
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 404
- Fat: 20.9g
- Saturated fat: 6.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 9.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Protein: 30.1g
- Carbohydrate: 25.2g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 86mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 653mg
- Calcium: 43mg
- 1 (8.5-ounce) package precooked quinoa and brown rice (such as Seeds of Change)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast (about 10 ounces)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted, dry-roasted pistachios
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes, each cut into 6 wedges
- 1. Heat grains according to package directions; set aside.
- 2. Combine oil and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add chicken, basil, pistachios, and cheese; toss to coat. Place about 3/4 cup chicken mixture, 1/2 cup quinoa mixture, and 3 tomato wedges on each of 4 plates.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note