Great lunch and I loved it on the english muffins. Great idea for something different. Next time I think I will chop the apples up in the salad. The slices kept slipping off when I tried to eat the sandwich. The cheese melted up great in the microwave at the office the next day. Will definitely make again.
Chicken Salad Melts
For a touch more sweetness, substitute halved grapes for the apple. You can also chop the apple and add it to the salad mixture.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 304
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 25.1g
- Carbohydrate: 28.8g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 58mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 682mg
- Calcium: 204mg
- 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise (such as Hellmann's)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 6 whole-wheat English muffins, split and toasted
- 3 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 3/4 cup)
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced apple
- 6 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1. Preheat broiler to high.
- 2. Combine first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well. Place 1/3 cup chicken mixture on bottom half of each muffin. Top evenly with cheese. Broil 1 minute or until cheese melts. Top sandwiches evenly with apple, lettuce, and top halves of muffins.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note