Outstanding! Made it for dinner last night and it was so good! I also added a few green grapes to the chicken salad as well as some chopped celery. The flavor was great and it was totally filling. Will DEFINITELY be making these again in our house! :)
Chicken Salad Melts
For a touch more sweetness, substitute halved grapes for the apple. You can also chop the apple and add it to the salad mixture.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 304
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 25.1g
- Carbohydrate: 28.8g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 58mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 682mg
- Calcium: 204mg
- 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise (such as Hellmann's)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 6 whole-wheat English muffins, split and toasted
- 3 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 3/4 cup)
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced apple
- 6 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1. Preheat broiler to high.
- 2. Combine first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well. Place 1/3 cup chicken mixture on bottom half of each muffin. Top evenly with cheese. Broil 1 minute or until cheese melts. Top sandwiches evenly with apple, lettuce, and top halves of muffins.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note