Chicken Salad Empanadas
Take a shortcut when making Chicken Salad Empanadas by using canned jumbo biscuits. The biscuits serve as the flaky shell of these savory empanadas. Just seal in chicken, pecans, celery, and bake.
More From Southern Living
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 refrigerated jumbo biscuits
- Parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together chicken, mayonnaise, pecans, celery, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Roll biscuits into 6-inch circles. Place about 1/4 cup chicken mixture in center of each circle; fold dough over chicken mixture. Press edges with a fork or crimp to seal. Cut slits in tops of pies to allow steam to escape, if desired. Place pies on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note