This recipe is fairly quick and easy. I served it at mothers day brunch and it got rave reviews. Its also awesome as a snack on your favorite cracker! It keeps well in an airtight tupperware, although it can get a little dry, in which case just add a bit more mayo and a touch of s&p to reseason
More From Southern Living
Stand: 15 Minutes
Chill: 4 Hours
- 1 1/2 pounds skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 2 (14-oz.) cans chicken broth
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1. Place chicken breasts in a large skillet; add broth. Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, covered, 30 minutes or until done. Remove chicken from skillet, and let stand 15 minutes or until cool to touch. Pulse chicken in food processor until finely chopped, stopping to scrape down sides.
- 2. Combine chicken, celery, bell pepper, and onion in a large bowl. Stir mayonnaise and next 3 ingredients into chicken mixture. Cover and chill at least 4 hours. Store any remaining chicken salad in an airtight container up to 1 week in refrigerator.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note