- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots (about 2 large)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (about 1 ounce)
- 3/4 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3/4 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 cups sake
- 2 1/2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium tamari
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 cups cubed white potato (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- calories 366
- caloriesfromfat 13 %
- fat 5.3 g
- satfat 1.1 g
- monofat 2.5 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 28.8 g
- carbohydrate 30.8 g
- fiber 2.2 g
- cholesterol 80 mg
- iron 2.9 mg
- sodium 794 mg
- calcium 41 mg
How to Make It
Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add shallots to pan, and sauté for 3 minutes or until golden. Add garlic to pan; sauté 1 minute. Transfer shallot mixture to a large bowl.
Heat remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil in pan over medium-high heat. Place 1/4 cup flour in a shallow bowl or pie plate. Dredge half of chicken in flour, shaking off excess. Add dredged chicken and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper to pan, and cook for 6 minutes or until browned on all sides. Add browned chicken to shallot mixture. Repeat procedure with remaining flour, chicken, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
Add sake to pan; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add broth, tamari, and 1/2 cup water. Add chicken mixture to pan, stirring to combine. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
Combine remaining 1/2 cup water and 1 tablespoon flour in a small bowl; stir until smooth. Add flour mixture to pan; stir well. Stir in potato. Cover and simmer 15 minutes or until potato is tender. Uncover and simmer 15 minutes or until desired thickness. Remove from heat; stir in parsley.