Chicken Roulade with Herbed Cheese and Prosciutto
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 495
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 11.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 51.8g
- Carbohydrate: 43.6g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 113mg
- Iron: 4.3mg
- Sodium: 850mg
- Calcium: 81mg
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons light garlic and herb spreadable cheese (such as Alouette Light)
- 2 ounces prosciutto, chopped
- 16 large spinach leaves, stemmed
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons water
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound each piece to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Combine cheese and prosciutto in a small bowl. Spread 1 1/2 teaspoons cheese mixture over each breast half. Place 4 spinach leaves on each breast half; flatten with hand. Roll up chicken, jelly-roll fashion, starting with narrow end. Secure at 1-inch intervals with twine. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain well. Place pasta in a large bowl. Sprinkle with parsley and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons oil; toss gently to coat. Cover and keep warm.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken in pan, and cook for 6 minutes, browning on all sides. Add wine and water. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for 6 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from pan, and let stand for 2 minutes. Remove twine, and slice each roulade crosswise into 5 equal pieces.
- Place about 1 cup of the pasta mixture on each of 4 plates; top each with 5 pieces roulade. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes