Photo: Oxmoor House
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 485
- Fat: 14.2g
- Saturated fat: 6.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 26.4g
- Carbohydrate: 57.7g
- Fiber: 5.3g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 765mg
- Calcium: 203mg
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast or chicken tenders, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups diced onion (about 1 large)
- 1 cup thinly sliced seeded Anaheim chile (1 large chile)
- 1/4 cup finely diced seeded bottled pickled hot cherry pepper (2 peppers)
- 1 (8-ounce) container cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 (28-ounce) can unsalted peeled whole plum tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound uncooked rigatoni
- 12 pimiento-stuffed olives, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 15 minutes or until blackened. Place in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal bag. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel and cut into strips.
- 3. Heat a 6-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken to pan; cook 6 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Remove chicken from pan. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to pan. Add onion and next 4 ingredients (through garlic). Cook over medium heat 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- 4. Add sherry to pan; cook until liquid evaporates, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Stir in tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. While sauce simmers, cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
- 5. Add roasted bell pepper, chicken, and, if desired, olives to tomato mixture. Bring to a simmer. Stir in cream; cook 2 minutes or just until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Add pasta, tossing well. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This