YUM! This recipe is very easy and is absolutely delicious. My family loves it, and I have made it for others as a "don't worry about cooking after coming home from the hospital with a new baby" meal -- and I have received rave reviews for my efforts! Even my picky eater loves it, so you can't go wrong here!
Chicken and Rice with Creamy Herb Sauce
This elegant chicken dish is unbelievably simple. Look for cream cheese with garlic and spices in the deli section of your supermarket; it comes in small tubs.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half, 1 cup rice, and 3 tablespoons sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 399
- Calories from fat: 12%
- Fat: 5.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 32.7g
- Carbohydrate: 51.6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 78mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 400mg
- Calcium: 63mg
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon chicken-flavored bouillon granules
- 4 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 (6-ounce) tub light cream cheese with garlic and spices
- 4 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Bring first 3 ingredients to a boil in a large skillet; add chicken. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes, turning chicken after 8 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet. Set aside; keep warm.
- Bring cooking liquid to a boil; cook 5 minutes or until reduced to 2/3 cup. Combine 1 tablespoon water and cornstarch; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add cream cheese; cook until well-blended, stirring constantly with a whisk. Serve chicken over rice; spoon sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes