After using 3 pans and my food processor I was disappointed with the dish. (this is alot for me) it was too bland, which was a surprise considering all of the ingredients. If I made it again I would definitely add a jalepeno. I probably won't make it again though.
Chicken and Rice with Cilantro-Poblano Sauce
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 501
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 15.7g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 42.1g
- Carbohydrate: 45.7g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 102mg
- Iron: 5mg
- Sodium: 609mg
- Calcium: 94mg
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 poblano chile, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cilantro sprigs (optional)
- 1. Combine 1/4 cup green onions, cilantro leaves, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 cup broth, chile, and 1 garlic clove in a food processor; process until blended.
- 2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1/4 cup onions, mushrooms, and remaining garlic clove to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Add cilantro mixture, remaining 1 1/4 cups broth, rice, 1/2 cup water, and cumin to pan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Add parsley to rice mixture; fluff with a fork.
- 3. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add chicken to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; cut each chicken piece crosswise into 1/2-inch slices.
- 4. Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1/4 cup onions and tomatoes; sauté 2 minutes. Arrange 1 cup rice mixture on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1 breast half and 2 tablespoons tomato mixture. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes