Chicken, Rice, and Tropical Fruit Salad
Photo: Oxmoor House
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 346
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 11.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 25.5g
- Carbohydrate: 36.1g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 199mg
- Calcium: 45mg
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 2 cups cubed skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 cup jarred sliced peeled mango, drained and chopped (such as Del Monte SunFresh)
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Cool. Combine rice and next 5 ingredients.
- 2. Combine mint and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle mint mixture over rice mixture; toss well. Cover and chill. Place 1 lettuce leaf on each of four plates. Spoon 1 1/2 cups rice mixture onto each lettuce leaf.
- for your toddler: Omit the lettuce leaf. Place a spoonful of the salad in a small bowl or resealable plastic dish. Refrigerate it until serving time, or pack it in an insulated bag. Serve it with whole-wheat crackers, cucumber slices, and milk. Remember to pack a spoon or fork.
- Rotisserie Chicken Rotisserie chicken is great to keep on hand for a quick meal. When buying rotisserie chicken at the grocery store, pick it up at the end of your shopping trip so it stays hot until you get it home. Serve or refrigerate it within two hours or sooner in hot weather. It'll keep in the refrigerator for three to four days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note