Chicken and Rice Enchiladas
Enjoy chicken, vegetables, and rice all rolled up in a soft flour tortilla.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 5 Minutes
- Calories: 293
- Fat: 12.4g
- Saturated fat: 5.9g
- Protein: 16.0g
- Carbohydrate: 31.2g
- Cholesterol: 46mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 512mg
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Calcium: 156mg
- 1 (14-ounce) bag boil-in-bag brown rice (such as Success)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 (10-ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 (8-inch) 97%-fat-free flour tortillas (such as Mission)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Combine enchilada sauce, tomato juice, and mushroom mixture. Spoon 1/4 cup mushroom mixture over bottom of an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine rice, chicken, and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken mixture in center of 1 tortilla; roll tightly and place, seam side down, in baking dish. Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas and chicken mixture.
- Spoon remaining mushroom mixture over top of enchiladas. Cover and bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Bake an additional 4 minutes or until cheese melts. Let stand 5 minutes. Top each enchilada with 1 tablespoon sour cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note