Chicken casserole is the ultimate comfort food. Serve this kid-friendly casserole as a one-dish meal or with salad and warm rolls.
Yield: 6 servings
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup uncooked regular rice
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can reduced-sodium, reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup dry sherry (optional)
- 6 skinned bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Sauté first 3 ingredients in a large nonstick skillet coated with vegetable cooking spray over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender. Add mushrooms, and sauté 2 minutes. Stir in rice, next 4 ingredients, and, if desired, sherry; spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Top with chicken. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 1 hour or until chicken is done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note